Thursday, January 11, 2007

I love the color.

I really do. I've got the paint swatch in my purse, & I stop in to the baby's room at different times through the day to see how the color looks in different lights. We still need to get a mattress for the crib, of course. And a baby monitor. I'm mulling my options for nightlights too. And there's some furniture that I want to grab from Ikea as well.
.
Some, perhaps all, maybe even those & MORE! things are scheduled to be accomplished on Saturday. I was leaning towards having individual after-work missions, & gathering things an item at a time. However, the man voted to "just do it Saturday". So we're going in for the mass item hunt - we'll be stampeding baby accoutrements over the edge of the nearest cliff, we will. I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but as a) he agreed to go shopping & b) agreed to go shopping, I'm just going to go with plan "Buffalo Jump".
.
And of course, here is a picture of the baby's room - in the interests of keeping the suspense going for Mom & Dad, we've taken camera technology WAY back, & carefully removed the color from each & every pixel in this image. (Well no. The man set the camera to black & white. He actually showed me how to do it to, but given my brain's state these days, I'm pretty sure I'll just get him to do it again, as opposed to me getting lost in the maze of options & setting the camera so it only responds to Portugese. Or something.)
.
But I digress! The baby's room, ta-dah!

I really do love the color. I like it in the morning, & in the afternoon - I like it in the evening, underneath the moooon....
.
I haven't sat in the chair & rocked my belly yet though. I'm saving that for a day when I need a treat.
.
Speaking of treat, we began pre-natal classes last night - we had worked ourselves into a frenzie of hippie paranoia about the whole thing. Oh my god, we said. Eight classes at two & a half hours each? My god. Initial portents were ominously drum circle - our first task (after name tags, which I was glad of - like I'm going to remember ANYONE's name) was to "take some pastels & do a quick sketch of what our image of labour is".
.
I carefully avoided Pat's eyes, & thought "Crap! I paid for these! I signed us up! Crap!"*. We each drew pictures & then journalled briefly about what the image meant to us.
.
Neither of us wrote "Strike ONE against team hippie." Turns out this was a wise choice, as we turned them in at the end of class.
.
Thankfully, the whole thing improved, & my man even said "That wasn't so bad." It really wasn't. Stay tuned, I'll be sure to let you know what we do next week.
.
I'm going to go & see if I can teach my serger Portugese. Actually, it's more likely to teach ME Portugese - there are languages in the manual that I don't even recognize. Could be Aramaic, for all I know.
.
*-And today, I read a blog that made me feel MUCH better about my goofy prenatal class - check it out; she's a Brit & does swear some, be warned.

No comments: