Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Almost Like Decenber

A couple years ago, I had the funniest winter. My brain was quite convinced that there should be an "n" in December. I rode out that spasm of dyslexia, and have since been fine.
.
Until today.
.
Today, I thought I would work on the crossword over lunch. I filled in three words before I realized that I'd transposed the horizontal & vertical, & completely disregarded the number cues. (In other words, put the word wherever you want it.) I stopped, erased everything, and put the words into the right places. I'd filled in all the words I could, & was doing the re-read of the missing word's clues, and I found myself wishing that the following existed:
.
1) Leomard Cohen - famous Camadian singer & poet, noted for his angst-ridden work and his incredible resemblance to Ross Geller from Friends.
(Tell me I'm wrong.)
.
2) Omarthic - a subset of mathematics, which correlates equations to love poetry in an attempt to name the stars.
"Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas." ~Albert Einstein
.
3) Abroggle - a messy, complicated situation. No negative connotation attached. Occasionally, a mandatory stage on the way to enlightenment or a finished project.


.
That's when I realized that my brain was all abroggle, and decided to put Am down for her nap, start some laundry, & continue the bookkeeping. Almost done - huzzah! Then I shall commence issuing slips & compiling government remittances and such. I know how to rock it, yeah.
.
.
*Please note -the absence of any H's in this post are not related to my brain & its function; tey're due to the new keyboard tat I need to re-box & exchange. But first I need to find the receipt. I like the keyboard, it's just tat the H & te space bar stick. Why is it that the exchange is my responsibility, anyways? Souldn't it be te man's? Oh well.

No comments: