Monday, November 01, 2010

Brought To You By The Color Purple & The Number "8"

Yes indeed. Halloween (heck, October!) has come & gone. It's been a little trying; some deadlines, some stress, some learning curves, and some other stuff too.
.

(This is as close to Halloween candy as Eleni got – an empty box of Smarties. She was perfectly happy with it though!)
.
The important things DID get accomplished though. Namely, one (1) octopus costume with eight (8) tentacles was created.
.
(Waiting to spring into action on a toddler.)
.
Ta-dah!
I’ve been skittering along the edge of a head cold all weekend, and I was honestly not so hyped about Halloween. And then I looked at how excited and happy Amoryn was, and I sucked it up, and took her out.
.

It was simply the nicest time I’ve had with her in weeks. She was giggling, she was polite, she was brave. She listened to me, she held my hand, she was helpful. (She kept reminding people to close their doors before the mosquitos got in.)
.
She was also very keen for the pumpkin carving – she helped to wash them off, then she used a water-based marker to draw their faces. (I interpreted her art using a permanent jiffy marker & a big, sharp, knife.)
.
.
(Her handiwork.)
.
(I think that this one is especially eerie.)
(Or is that eye-rie?)
.
With that awful pun, with those wonderful Halloween memories dancing in my head, I'm off to bed.

No comments: