Monday, August 27, 2007

10 Things That I Did Not Expect

(For the enjoyment of moms & the edification of those who have not changed their lives in this particular fashion.)
.
As Amoryn approaches five months, here are ten things that I did not expect:
.
10) With the introduction of mush to Am's diet, poo has become very much like peanut butter.
.
9) I love the man even more all the time, especially when I walk into the room & find him changing Amoryn & singing bastardized Xmas carols. (Jingle poo? Santa Bum? I'll let you imagine the lyrics.)
.
8) Babies are funny. Really really funny. Especiaaly when they sneeze mush all over the place.
.
7) Babies are disgusting. Especially when they sneeze mush all over the place.
.
6) Completely unrestrained existence. When she sneezes, it's ah-SPLAT! When she's happy, it's beams of sunshine with dancing angels. And of course, when she's mad, she is MAD.
.
5) I am completely incapable of being embarassed by my boobs any more. I guess that's a side effect of giving birth in a room full of people & being a food source.
.
4) I miss wearing jewelry - esepcially my murano glass necklace. I don't think Am could break it; but she bashes her little head against me, & I don't want her to have bead shaped impressions in her skull.
.
3) Smelling like maple syrup. Hello, fenugreek, you help my milk, & I smell like Aunt JeMomma. Where's the pancakes?
.
2) How very sweet & precious an uninterupted shower is, particularily when I have a chance to shave my legs.
.
1) How unutterably, unbearably sweet my baby is. All the time.

No comments: