Friday, August 08, 2008

Ooooooo!

So, I've been back from SK for most of a week. I think. I was there & back & there again, so it's hard top tell. It's also hard to tell because yesterday felt like it was 14 years long.
.
Why? Well, my poppet*, because of something that I plan on entering into my vocaublary of curse word: MOLARS. Am was pushing one molar for sure, maybe more, and she woke at midnite & every 15-20 minutes thereafter, screaming in agony, vibrating, & generally being understandably upset.
.
I kept her company. In the literal, hugging, rocking, soothing, s'shing manner, of course, not the figurative, let-me-join-you spiritual way that involves me also pitching a fit, because solidarity rules.
.
Although about 4:23am or so, I was tempted. Luckily, I was distracted by the fact that in 7 more minutes, Am could have another does of Tylenol, sweet sweet** Tylenol.
.
Of course, there was hardly even a dreg left in the bottle, much to my horror. Luckily, the 1/2 dreg was just enough to allow the poor girl a rerieve from her molars, & she finally fell into a light sleep. Poor thing.
.
I was quite shocked that the bottle was empty, as it's quite new, & didn't even have that nice sticky patina that baby Tylenol bottles seem to acquire. Then I was chatting with a coworker, and she commented that yes, they're such ridiculous little bottles. I looked at it when I got home - and yes! They are! Ridiculous little bottles. 24 mL. And when Am's dose is 2 mL, every 4 hours, well. The sticky bottle runneth empty, indeed.
.
Speaking of other ridiculous things... (random, too. Did I mention that? Do I need to mention that?)...
1) I finally had the lightbulb I've been waiting for vis-a-vis C's babe S's crib skirt. Here's a hint: BROCCOLI! (Pictures will follow.)
2) The number one sign that your niece is not a budding fashionista: Vogue is pronounced vog-you. As in "Hey Aunt Kourtney, that vog-you magazine upstaris... (And no, I'm not mocking her. THat's a reasonable way to pronounce the word, esp. since it's all in caps on the magazine cover. I just can't remember ever not knowing that it's Vogue. In fact, trying to think up how to phonetically spell Vogue is making my brian short out a little bit. So we'll move on.)
3) I think we should enter the Internet Village Fete. http://belgianwaffling.blogspot.com/2008/08/village-fte-rules.html I found it because of Antonia at Whoopee. And I'll put a link in later, if you don't want to go & look at the sideabr, because the wee*** one is awake. After she slept**** all night! What a sweet girl.
.
Later skaters!
.
.
*Poppet. A real word, contrary to Z's initial belief.
**Sweet Tylenol - figurative use of the word "sweet". Have you tasted that crap? Bleh.
***Comparitive. A is smaller than Z.
****I think. Either the man didn't turn the monitor on last night when he plugged it in (unlikely), or I turned it off in my sleep. More likely, but I'm trying to comfort myself because a) I would have heard Am anyways, if she's been crying, it just would have been once she hit "I"M FREAKING THE F%&** OUT HERE PEOPLE" instead of "Waah" & b) she was crashed in pretty much the same position as when I put her down last night. Tired girl.

No comments: