Monday, January 25, 2010

Great Green Globs of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts...

Well, not green gopher guts. This is one of the current ongoing projects; it's gobs of a wool/cotton/nylon blend that I over dyed in a semisolid grey.
.
(Wild sea creature, waiting to be tamed.)
.
I'm quite pleased with how it turned out; the photos are all either too green or too grey.
.
(Taming the savage yarn blob.)
.
I invested* in a 16 qt stockpot, and it seems to have paid off; all of the yarn is the same color! (If you've ever dyed a sweater-quantity of yarn an unintentional gradated color, you'll be just as excited as I am.)
.
(Mmm, yarn cakes. I think of them more like loafs, but whatevs.)
.
(A brief relapse into a wild state - this time, sea anemone...)
.
(Closer examination of the sea creature.)
.
After a weekend in the car (Salmon Arm & back), I'm almost ready to separate the arms from the body. Huzzah! That always seems like the longest slog in the all-in-one top-down raglans. It's also exciting because my current favorite cardigan is getting worn & nubbly enough that it needs to be retired to house-duty only. Now the only challenge will be fighting the temptation to keep bombing along on the knitting, and ignore the housework & the books**...
.
.
.
*Not a big investment - I got the cheapest one I could find. Turns out Can Tire has a cheaper option than Wally world.
**Accounting, this time. Sadly not a time traveller to be found.

No comments: