Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My, Oh My

On Monday, I looked at my girls & was amazed.
.
Eleni is cooing & smiling & making full eye contact - she's out of the newborn stage, and is working on "baby". (Neck control is still wobbly, but coming along well.)
The young paduan. (Don't you think she looks like a little Jedi?)
.
And Amoryn! She's got molars cutting right now, but more importantly, she is in touch with her girly side. Her inner princess. Her outer fairy. Her optional ballerina dancer.
Here she is, wearing plastic high heels, admiring her plastic tiara, with the discarded plastic sceptre to the side. (Xmas gift from friends of the family.) As she was walking across the kitchen, I got a sudden vision of her as a teenager. Followed by a pang... my little girl won't be little some day.
.
(Arguably, she's not that little now, but you know what I mean.)
.
My mobius & new years, erm, model? are coming along well. I haven't had to frog anything on that lately. (Unlike Am's sweater - I'm just working on the ribbing at the hip, and I'll be jiggered if I can keep it straight in my head. Oh well. Even if I have to do it two or three times to get it right, at least it's a SMALL thing that I keep re-knitting - worsted yarn for a toddler. And Amoryn is so excited about it - I'd like to have it done for tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe... and if not, I've got plenty 'o' time in the car.
.
Back to the couch, the nursing, & the knitting. Wish me luck on the whole ribbing business!

No comments: