Thursday, January 17, 2008

Well, it makes me feel a little better, anyways.

I am feeling better today. I am not going to read the first section of the newspaper, & I might just ban the talk radio for a while, after hearing about a toboganning incident between a 12 year old & a 6 year old. However. PBS is still good.
.
Why is PBS good? Well, without it, who knows when I would have heard about the Bohs-Einstein Condensate. It's a fourth form of matter that is former at extremely cold temperatures - we're talking waaaaaaaaay past freezing your tongue to a flagpole.
.
Colder than deepest darkest outer space, actually.
.
Anyways, in a nutshell, skipping some physics gobbeldygook, if certain gases are cooled to almost absolute zero, their atoms become so still & spread out that they overlap. They essentially become one - and what happens to one atom, happens to them all. It's like nirvana in a physics lab.
.
No, not the guys in the lab coats are not listening to Kurt Cobain. Jeez. I'm going to go & get my girl up & we can meditate together. Well, she'll probably have a bottle, but I can try to meditate.

No comments: