Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Who Trusts A Weather Forecast More Than Five Days In Advance?, or Why I Don’t Care About the American Election

I'm officially tired everything about the American election. It's not until November, people! We're Canadian; we don't even get to vote! Why is it everywhere - including my hip-hop radio station?
.
I hardly pay attention to our own government's doings because really, they are beyond my control. And the people in power, they're liars. Even if they're not inveterate liars about everything, they get forced into it. I know this. It's a fact. I'm a liar too - but in a small scale, as my powers are small.
.
I say "All right, we're going to clean up the toys & then go for a walk." But the weather changes or Amoryn has a giant poo or something else and poof! it's nap time & I'm a liar. Good intentions butter no bread, I'm sure someone's granny says that.

Epic toy spill coupled with noxious diaper derails stroller plan... news update at 11.
.
Despite my best efforts, it happens occasionally. The scale of power that the goverment controls is so much more massive that it turns into "We're going to change health care / cut tax/ end child poverty." But then... there's the deficit / Senate / giant lighting bolts form God. So they turn into liars. This is the way it is; I end up voting for who I think has the best intentions. Mostly. Sometimes I pick based on who's the biggest loser - who's going to really appreciate my vote? (Here in a very conservative riding, I generally vote Green. An added bonus - as I haven't voted the government in, I can vetch about them all I want.)
.
Now, I do accept that the American election is important to Canada, & thus to me. The election isn't until early November though! I have things to pay attention to right now, that are really important. Like lunch.
Fears that the electoral majority are won through their stomachs founded, new study reveals.
.
And then later, doing more laundry so that the girl can wear her almost too-small 18-mo clothing, instead of her slightly too big 24-mo clothing. Hmm.

Big baby bending budget - critics worry when will mad growth end?
(Our 10-month old girl in her 24-month coveralls & shirt. So sweet! Luscious baby wale-corduroy!)
.
Well, even if I decide to move her into her 24-mo clothing, I still have to wash the outgrown stuff before I put it into the hamper to save for as hand-me downs. (I always thought it was Handy-Downs, as a a kid. Or maybe Han Dee Downs...)
.
Anyways. Please, please media & the rest of the universe, conspire for the day so that I hear something other than "Obama", "Hillary", "Blue state", etc. Thanks.
.
Now, let's get back to lunch! And the new melamine turtle bowl! Yumm!

No comments: