Thursday, November 12, 2009

Live, From La Brea

Am did something very exciting the other day. It was tremendous.
.
(I'm going to use a lot of euphenisms now, partially for those delicate in nature, and partially to avoid getting a lot of weird google hits.)
.
She made her first big deposit in the potty bank. I don't understand why she's decided - now that there's a new baby here - that she's really interested in potty training. It doesn't really matter, I suppose. It's not the first thing I don't understand, and I know it's not going to be the last. At any rate, she laid quite a log. Her dad wasn't home, and he's been a big cheerleader, so I took a page from Kate's* book & took a picture. He got home, and I told him to look in the camera to see what Am did that was so impressive & exciting that it rated a rare, 2nd Elmo. He was totally wowed.
.
I'd share the image with you, but I have some tact & discretion. Or boundaries, or something. Instead, to commemorate, here is a brief video of the big pond in front of the La Brea Tar Pits. The noise, the smell; they're very evocative of the event.
.
(I may not be getting enough sleep.)
.
.
.
*Jon & Kate + 8. She photographed each kid's first dump.

No comments: