Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It Feels Like November, No?

Well, the weather has me in a rotten mood, so I was going to blog about the epic journey of my piano... but I have No Idea Where My Camera Cable Is.
.
And I don't think I'm in the right mood to look under the couch.
.
So, for now, you will have to imagine my husband, my brother, a come-along, a reinforced roof rafter, and a piano that weighs 400-600lbs. The piano is an old upright; I think from '39. It has the original ivory & ebony keys, and is in pretty good shape, considering. There's a happy ending to the move, but it was kinda spectacular to see.
.
Amoryn loves the piano. She calls it the "pecano" or the "pasgano"; and wants to play it all the time. Her playing is actually pretty tuneful, so once I get the piano tuned, I guess I should figure out when you can start children in piano lessons.
.
I was also going to show you a couple FO's that I'm delighted with, but.... that's not happening. So. I'm going to go fix some knitting. I know it's kind of a high-risk activity if a person is already feeling testy; but I'm in the mood to rip.

No comments: