Thursday, July 22, 2010

Random Smattering Thursday

Yesterday, I was wildy sleep deprived & somewhat bemused about it. I wasn't taking it personally; it was just the way it was. A princess coffee helped a lot.
.
Today, I've moved past that into an unfortunately unstable state. I is tired; I isn't angry at the littles who kept me awake. I wasn't angry after I took a lotion bottle away from Am & (re)instructed her to wash her hands. When the lotion bottle fell into the toilet, however, I did hit batsh1t rage for a second. I didn't act on my first impulse, which was to fish it out & throw it. Instead, I fished it out, washed it, and then threw it. I'm owning that crazy; throwing it made me feel better, and washing it made it hygienic.
.
Eleni is napping, and I should probably join her, but I've got laundry & some digital chores to take care of. I need to let go of my affection for an upcoming pattern's current format; I know that I need to add in a smaller size. But right now, my page break is exactly where I want it!*
.
I think I'll keep puttering unless I have another 'moops' moment. I'd settled in to work, then realized that I needed El's monitor, which is upstairs. My lizard brain took over on the brief jaunt, & I stopped just before I opened her door... need the baby's MONITOR, not the BABY. A fine & subtle distinction, to be sure!
.
Wish me luck.
.
(I typoed lick. You can wish me lick, too, if you really want. Pretty much a sure thing though, El's been really chewy & kissy lately.)
.
.
*All you yearbook/school newspaper types know what I mean.

No comments: