Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh, Earworms.

I watched "The Way We Were" last night. I'd never seen it before, and probably would have never bothered, except for the reference in Sex & the City. So I was a little curious, and there was nothing else on.
.
It wasn't bad, EXCEPT FOR THAT AWFUL SONG. It's probably not even that bad, but Barbra has been crooning through my head non-stop since then. Even that wouldn't be so bad, except that I have several extra hours of consciousness on most people, because El was up for two hours during last night's feed, instead of her customary 45 minutes.
.
And of course, the odd instant that there was no Barbra, the earworm fates decided I hadn't been punished enough & sent "Bop" by Dan Seals. I'm not sure what I've done to merit such treatment, but I'm hoping that I won't have to resort to the big guns to get rid of them.
.
Yes, I'm talking about the soundtrack for Moulin Rouge, if not the movie itself. There's something about the dizzy collision of can-can & ruffles & seventies tunes that seems to short almost any earworm out.
.
In other news, we went to Edmonton for the weekend, for some visiting & the man's Xmas party. It was good; other than a fire alarm at the hotel, and the minus nine million weather. I've also cast on and almost completed my first mobius; I'm completely fascinated. I've found my 3mm Addi, and I'm almost ready to begin phase 2. Of course, there's this whole Christmas thing I need to start thinking about... so I'm off to try & get some scheming done!


No comments: