Thursday, December 03, 2009

Is It Really Thursday?

Huh. I've tried typing several different things - updates about sewing projects, knitting schemes, baby adorableness, and toddler fun. But my brain is not cooperating. Clearly, this morning's errand run of the library, the fabric store, & the shoe store eroded the synapses to my language center.
.
Or something. So, this is where I usually default to pics, but the camera cord is downstairs. So we have no recent photos. Instead, let's flash back to summertime.
.
The yard in late summer is a little like an enchanted kingdom - especially to someone who is only 3 1/2 feet tall.
.
I didn't get many belly pictures, but one naptime I headed down with the camera sent to autotimer.
.
This is some of the yarn I got in Anaheim...

(Habu merino & merino/stainless steel. I've been fascinated forever, and may never knit it, but man! It's sure cool.)
.
This is mohair - and it leapt into my arms as I was on my way out. I can't convey how incredible it feels, but the picture does illustrate that it's the EXACT color of california poppies. (Appropriate as a souvenir from LA, no?) I also got a skein of cashmere in a lovely dark brown, and a skein of blue stuff that I've posted about before.
.
This is the qiviuk blend I got in Whitehorse. It's niiiiiiice.
.
(When they actually beome FO's, I'll tell you more about the yarn - like who made it, exact content, etc. For now, they're more like pets.)
.
On other yarn fronts, I think I finally had an inspiration about some Noro Taiyo that has been resisting me! It's been a scarf & two different sweaters, but I keep frogging it. Time will tell if I've really cracked it or not - I'm not saying anything else.
.
All right, off for more projects!
.
PS: I read the label, and I can have Oreo cookies. So I am. Nom nom nom.







No comments: