Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hello, Universe

I'd blog (and stop by the yarn store) more, but I'm quite busy trying to:
.
a) Stay sane while the man is out of town - a brief trip, but exhausting for all the girls. Especially since yesterday was crazy chiro/accoutant/optical place/doctor morning. (We survived.)
.
b) Get ready for Valentine's Day. I hate all the commercial crap everywhere - particularly the advertisements that suggest that I should want a diamond tennis bracelet, and that maybe I'm not really loved if I don't get one. (They irritate me almost as much as the commercials that suggest I'm a bad mother & wife if I don't use the right laundry detergent.) But I do like to try & let my loved ones know I love them (I love you guys..), and I wanted to find a couple little gifties for the girls. (I found the man's in Saskatchewan. It was on sale. At the Co-Op, which in Swift Current, is one of THE places to shop. Really.) We're going out for a buffet brunch on that Saturday too, which will be nine kinds of awesome, except that I can't have dairy, so I'll be limited to probably five kinds of awesome. I'm intensely curious to see which, if any, kinds of awesome will be a hit with Miss Amoryn.
.
c) Get ready for our anniversary - see previous post.
.
d) The books, the books, the T4s, the GST, ... Having been a tax accountant in a previous life is sure handy, but sets a person up for all sorts of bureaucratic scut work.
.
e) Getting ready for our holiday! Eeee! We're getting close to crunch time - once I'm done d), I'm going to start the prepacking, and get crazy & try on my summer clothes to see which, if any, fit. (If none do, I'll go shopping in Maui. I loves Target.)
.
f) Changing to cloth diapers. Shocker! Yes, cloth diapers. They're not the same as they used to be (hello velcro!); and apart from the fact that environmental, savings, blah, blah, they won me over because they all - every single kind - state "DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER". I've been against fabric softeners for a long time. It's just an oil you pour on your clothes; they get dirty faster, you wash them more often, your clothes & appliances wear out sooner, it's a giant conspiracy, THE END. (Bounce sheets are just as bad, people. Evil. Eeeeeevil.)

No comments: