Monday, February 08, 2010

Nothing Exceeds Like Excess

I took the girls to a mall today. I've been on the hunt for something for our anniversary,and it turns out that "That Mall", the giant one just north of the city, was the closest place that had said item. (I don't think the man reads this much - but just in case, I'm being cagey.)
.
It certainly is excessive, that mall. I love, love, loved the Indigo kid's area - train sets! Teacup seats! Kitchen play area! Washrooms! Starbucks! Winners is right next door, and we scored two "princess" dresses - both with the heirloom sewing details that I'm a sucker for, AND a full skirt & crinoline that is mandatory for the "princess" designation. The place is only a 15 minute drive from here, we might go & live there all the time. The nursing room was likewise excellent - ideally situated, nice & big, automatic door. I was a little surprised that there was only one handicap (or stroller/toddler/adult) accessible bathroom stall; but whatevs.
.
You know what really blew me away? In April, there's going to be a Coach outlet store opening up there. Now, I realize that the first time I walk in there, I'm going to hate everything that Coach does, but for now, I get to fantasize about finding the perfect leather bag, on sale.
.
(I like the Namaste bags, but they look and feel like plastic to me. Nice plastic, but still. Plastic. I like to eat steak, wear leather shoes, and use leather wallets & handbags. I feel that the vertical integration is a nice nod to my Native ancestry. True, I'm not using any kind of animal bladder to carry water, but what's technology for?)
.
The decorations, however, are where the excess really comes into play. I'd post more, but I hear the hungry howl of the babe.... More later!

No comments: