Saturday, September 11, 2010

Well, Lookit That!

No, not really. I want to have a show'n'tell post about what I've knit, spun, sewn, & stashed this summer... but the camera is over there & everything else is all over the place. So that's for another day.
.
Today was exciting - Am & I went to our first parent/tot dance class. She's technically old enough to go to a class by herself, but I know my girl, and part of her personality is the desire to observe new activities before she participates. You know, just to make sure she knows what she's getting into.
.
I'm hopeful that she'll hold onto that well into her teenage years. I remember one conversation in particular with my mother that started off with her saying "Tell me what you think you did wrong..." and me replying "Well, I just wanted to have a little fun, and ..."
.
Anyways. We carefully watched the dance class together, and had a lovely huggle, and subtly wiggled along to the music. I figured that there's no point in pushing her into anything; this is supposed to be fun after all. Then we went for a stroll on 17th. A two & a half loop took about an hour & a half... again, I let Am set the pace. It was nice though; I let go of my agenda & just people watched & sauntered along. I guess you could say we "Am"bled along!
.
Now we're back, lunched up, and Eleni is napping. I'm off to the basement to finish some sewing projects - I don't like to sew when El is awake, as the combination of the iron on "HIGH/LINEN", and Eleni crawling around & pulling herself up seems particularly ominous.
.
The sewing projects will end up in the show'n'tell post, I promise. One is exceeding my expectations, and one is, well, hm. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, but it's not going badly, per se. I'm just a little out of practice at that kind of thing.
.
Off to the iron - and the ominous project of pressing several yards of bias tape. *wince* Here's hoping that I don't steam scald any of my knitting fingers...

No comments: