Friday, October 08, 2010

Introducing Mishka

I'd like for you to meet Mishka - a lovely, engaging scarf, named after a graceful engineer friend of mine whose love of nature is rivalled only by her love of straight lines.
.

.
It's shown above in Seasilk, and below in Taiyo; fingering and aran weight yarns, respectively.
.

.
It's a short repetitive pattern that makes the most of highly variegated yarns. The vertical 'ladders' balance the horizontal bands of color with grace.
.

.
I think it sets off short or long color runs equally well; and it's beautiful in any weight of yarn.
.

.
Although I've used the word "ladder", it's not a dropped stitch. The pattern has both written & charted directions, and is now available on my website and Ravelry for $6.00Us.
.
.

.
As a note, the Taiyo has previously been knit into two sweaters & several scarves, and this is the first real success I've had with this yarn. I think it speaks to the yarn's quality that a single-ply is still standing up so well!

No comments: