Sunday, October 03, 2010

Falling In Love

Oh, autumn. How can I resist you?
Your colors compliment my daughters so well; and you're just so darn pretty this year!
.
(And yes, I let her try to play with that rock. I was confident that she couldn't swallow it, and that she wouldn't be able to lift it high enough to drop on her own head.)
.
I'm just so smitten with the yard, and the way that things are a curious mix of dead & alive, green, gold & red.
.
The plum tree (red on the left) has now dropped all of its leaves, but my willow tree continues to look fetching & an awful lot like bamboo. The sunflowers are all still alive, too.
.
Not to mention that the grass is still verdant and soft...

(Yes, the girls are racing towards each other here, and yes, that makes my heart melt.)
.
I usually don't really enjoy fall, because it means that summer is over and winter is coming. However, I've got a clever new tactic to feel better about winter this year. While it's too early to say if it's a success, I'm optimistic enough about it that I'm really quite taken with fall this year.
.
Back to the knitting now! Gauge swatch, gauge swatch, how do I love thee... it all depends on the project. I do like that gauge swatches never scald me though; one way that sewing (& pressing) is clearly inferior to knitting.



No comments: