Thursday, October 18, 2007

Funny.

The man is home from Spokane, huzzah! Every fall, he goes to Spokane, & every fall, I ask him to pretty please stop by Victoria's Secret & pick me up a bra or two. Not because they are excessively titilating, mind, but because they make good quality, comfortable bras. I think that may be one of the two things I minded most about being pregnant - I missed my VS bras. And their comfort & flattery.
.
(The other thing? My shoes, darling, I missed my shoes. I could always see them, but I couldn't wear my pretty heels at all after about 13 weeks.)
.
Anyways. Spokane. Bras. Back to topic. Sar also wears VS bras almost exclusively, so my good-sport husband goes to VS once a year or so, bearing not one but TWO bra lists.
.
Through this exercise, we've discovered that a) the man is totally fabulous & unexpectedly patient b) VS stores do not stock even remotely close to everything in the online store or cataloge & c) they don't have the same sales.
.
This arrived in my email box yesterday & made me laugh. It's great having a brilliant best friend AND an incredible husband.
.
-----Original Message-----
From: Sarah
Sent: October 17, 2007 11:50 AM
To: Kourtney
Subject: Surreal

sur*re*al
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suh-ree-uhl, -reel]
-adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of surrealism;
surrealistic.

2. having the disorienting, hallucinatory quality of a dream;
unreal; fantastic: surreal complexities of the bureaucracy.

3. talking with your husband on the phone at work about bra
colours, and lined vs. unlined options.

[Origin: 1935-40; back formation from surrealism
-Related forms
sur*re*al*ly, adverb
sur*re*al*i*ty, noun


That's only the first art of the email, she talks about what colors she will be getting. And that's for Sarah, Pat, & me to know! Ha ha ha!
.
Okay. I am going to go & clean the bathrooms now, because half of my parents arrive on Saturday.

No comments: