Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tra-la-la, doo-de-doo...

So! I've been busy. My back has much improved, & I'm down to needing two heat-pack breaks each day. I can put Am into her jumperoo. And I can snuggle up to my hubby. All of which are good things.
.
I also made a bridesmaids outfit for Coreen - corset top, pencil skirt, & stole. All in a lovely dark brown satin. I had been planning on doing the bulk of the sewing the weekend I threw my back out, but heh, did not happen. I did a little bit (very little) on Monday, and a wee little bit on Tuesday, then I really actually did get some done on Wednesday, with it almost all finished for Thursday. I hemmed it Friday, & Coreen wore it in the wedding on Saturday. She looked awesome, but was apparently quite scandalous.

.
Now that's its all safely finished, may I say "Phew!"; I am pleased with myself for getting that done. And I am very thankful that Coreen, who probably was quite concerned about the state of her dress (which was briefly re-scheduled as a toga/wrap thingy), was nothing but supportive & wonderful.
.
I also knit Amoryn a silly little bonnet this weekend. Why? Well, I have a weakness for bonnets, my hands were empty, I had the yarn, and really, my girl, she doesn't have a lot of hair on her head. And winter is coming. So may I present:

Front view.
.
Side view. Also, the Canada food guide on the fridge.
.
An attempt at the back view (mamma, what ARE you doing?).
.
And a more successful back view, complete with bottle of wine, box of tissue, & cell phone. She seems to like it (the hat, I mean - we don't let her drink wine, & her tissue & cell phone access are closely supervised), and even if she doesn't, it's tied on, so she can't yank it off.
.
I also made soup yesterday - well, it started as potato bacon soup. It turned into a garden chowder, & I quite liked it, although the man was not as sold. He said it was the bacon, but I think it might have been that the broth was the exact color of beef stew, but there was no beef flavour. (Pureed carrots, tomatoes, & a little bit of bacon grease.) He did love the parmesan biscuits.
.
I followed that up with a batch of cookies - the cookie jar from Ikea has been sitting empty & taunting me. It is now full of cookies (& temptation). Damn you, cookie jar!
.
Also, damn myself for idiocy - on the third last pan of cookies, I opened the oven door, put the oven mit on my hand whilst thinking "careful, hot", grabbed the pan with the raw cookies with my right, oven-mitted hand, and then tried to grab the pan of baked cookies with my bare left hand. IDIOT! I lightly burnt my pointer finger & thumb, but did not shriek out loud, throw anything, or burn the cookies. Only my fingers. Idiot. The man was sweet & sympatheitc & took the other two pans out of the oven, after I confessed my idiocy.
.
There's some new pics up at the Flickr site - and now that I've taken care of my digital duties, I'm off to go & dredge the bathrooms out. Tra-la!

No comments: