Friday, May 01, 2009

Shawl Settled.

So, I decided to order the yarn that caught my fancy. It's from elann, and the colorway is called "Tulip Field".
.

Doesn't that look like me?
.
I used to adore tulips as a child - I still love them,; I've just broadened my horizons a bit. Tulips are my favorite spring flower. Marigolds and gallardia are my favorite summer flowers. Lilacs are my favorite tree flowers*. Alstromeria are one of my favorite cut flowers. Etc. And orange is one of my favorite colors, as is purple, as is red. And I like the green, just to have a bit of a 'poison' color in there to make it pop. All in all, I envision this as a shawl that will make me feel warm & happy, even when it's 2 am, then 4 am, then 6am, & I'm feeding a newborn, and wondering if anyone else is awake, anywhere in my neighbourhood. Even in the dark, in November, I'll be able to close my eyes & think of tulip fields**.
.
Of course, it's a lighter yarn than what the pattern calls for - but I don't care. I ordered GOBS of it - because it was pretty cheap, and because if there's enough extra, maybe I'll make a Baby Surprise Jacket, or a vest for Amoryn, or hats for Am & Sandy, or hats, or gloves, or socks, or. Something. I have faith that I can adjust the stitch count enough to make myself happy.
.
And even if the yarn gods end up screwing with this project***, they can't take away the honest anticipation & joy that I feel right now.
.
.
PS: I find the opinion poll very entertaining, so I've updated it & will do so periodically. Look on the lower right hand side, pls.

.
*At least, tree flower that will grow here. Should I ever move someplace that's a gentler zone, I may amend that a bit. I'd like another chance to appreciate magnolias & jasmine.
**More likely, I will close my eyes & go to sleep.

***Can we talk about WHY a 4mm Addi is smaller than the 4mm hole on my needle gauge & smaller than my other 4mm needle? Hmm? Actually, maybe I'm a little aggravated; it's still too soon to discuss it. Carry on.

No comments: