Monday, April 19, 2010

Springtime Sloth

Ah, the sun is out, it's nice outside, and all I want to do is nap.
.
Actually, I could go outside, look at the tulips, ignore all the yardwork, come inside, ignore the housework, sit in the sun by the open window, and knit until the sunshine knocks me out.
.
Sadly, that's not going to keep my children from becoming naked and dirty little heathens*. At least, not unless I can knit fast enough to produce clothing & diapers faster than Amoryn & Eleni can soil them... and I don't think anyone is that fast. Even 118 st/minute** isn't going to cut it.
.
So, sofa in the sunshine, I am going to look at you longingly, and go & flip the laundry. And carry on with the projects until one/both of the girls wakes up.
.
.
.
.
*I mean heathen in an affectionate way, natch.
**I believe that that's the current world record - Google isn't being helpful, so I can't remember who she is or what her exact speed is. But yowza! That's about 3 times faster than I knit.

No comments: