Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Holiday! Part I

Part II of the holiday will be later this month, when we all head to BC to visit a different branch of the family tree. This was all in SW Saskatchewan, and I regret to say that I took hardly any photos. We were too busy enjoying the sun, and chasing both children around.
.
I managed to knit, wash, & block a small gauge swatch. I had to use corn-cob stabbers to pin it down, but hey, when you're living rough, you're living rough.
I did get quite a lot of knitting/designing done on one project, and mom worked on a version of Thaylor. That'll likely be ready to publish early next month, I think. If it weren't for these kids that are around the house... and my other knitting project... and the need to sleep...
.
These are the morning glories on my parents deck. I love, love, love that they matched the blue of the sky. I also love how confused dad was as I tried to fold myself - and the man's giant zoom lens - low enough to the ground to take this photo. It didn't work, so I got brave & changed the lens.
.
I hadn't for these shots - so I was running across the yard backwards, with a giant camera & Eleni in my arms, trying to get far enough away to frame Gramma & Grampa & Amoryn on her First Horse Ride! (Thanks Whiskey.) (I was doing it backwards because I didn't want to miss seeing it either - and I was pretty sure that I remembered where the truck & tractors in the yard were.)
I'm very proud of how brave Am was - she started off a bit skittish, but after I took Eleni for a 'ride', she was willing to join me, then I could leave completely.
.
Speaking of horses, here is the ugliest one I've ever seen. You can't really tell, but the light parts on his face are the exact color of cheese whiz. And his eyes are a really light, creepy blue. He's built nicely enough, and must have a great gait or temper or something, because really, he's really ugly.
.
Aaaaaaand as your bonus for humoring me through the 'ugly horse' picture, here's a photo of Ruby.
She's the most charming puppy I've ever met. I could keep talking, but that covers it. Imagine a sweet, mild, quiet, fluffy puppy. I love Ruby. So does D____, which is good, as Ruby's her puppy!
.
I'm off to get a couple more computer things done... my list of goals for today didn't get done, but that could be because of the lack of internet this afternoon, and because the new washer doesn't get delivered until Friday, so I'm spending a lot of time dodging around the Giant Piles Of Laundry.
.
And one more project for tomorrow - we're also getting a new fridge (!!!), and I realized: I need to clean the top of the fridge off. I seriously have No Idea What All Is Up There. If you're lucky, I won't blog it. Although if it's entertaining enough, I just may.

No comments: