Friday, August 13, 2010

It Ain't Gonna Fold Itself

The laundry piles that have been dominating my house for the last week or so have undergone a slight change - they're clean now.
.
Still not folded though. I just can't scrape up the desire to fold it.
.
You know what I have done?
.
I turned this:
.
Into this (spun in Saskatchewan, modelled on my piano).

.
And then, on a whim, I turned the second half into this:
.
Then I plyed them together and came up with about 230m of yum. I mean yarn. (Pigeonroof Studios, TLS Huckleberry, 4.5 oz, 80/10/10 merino/cashmere/nylon, 230m of sport-ish weight.)
.
I think I know what I'm going to knit it into. In an effort to get done the laundry though, I'm not going to wind it up until we head for BC next week. It'll be great for holiday knitting.
.
Now. Anyone seen any motivation? Because you don't need to be a spinner to see that this.....
.
...is so much less tempting that this...
.
or this....
.
I remember once, when I was living with S____ in MJ, our apartment had a showing. We had a more laissez-faire style of housekeeping (snort), so there was a lot of panicked tidying in the 20 minutes that we had. I threw all the laundry - clean, dirty, miscellaneous - onto my bed and then tossed the comforter over it. Lumpy, but hidden. We put all the dirt dishes under the sink. Dirty, but hidden. It was fine until the potential new tenant looked under the sink to check for mice droppings... It was an important lesson about short cuts. Also, very very funny.

No comments: