Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Great Googelly Moogelly

Well, I have over 1200 pics for August. So I guess I can't say we didn't do anything! Here, in no particular order, are my favorite pics from the last couple weeks.
.
Amoryn on Goose Spit, in Comox. Her ability to camouflage herself is truly uncanny, right?

.
I'm showing Amoryn a tadpole. This is shortly before she scared the bejeebers out of him.

(Amphitrite Point, Ucluelet. And yes, tadpoles do have bejeebers.)
.
Fresh air leads to exhaustion. I like that Rowr is collapsed in the same way that Amoryn is.

.
If you're think that this slide required concentration, you're reading Am's body language correctly.

(Tofino)
.
One glorious naptime, I sat on the deck & swatched as the tide came in.
.
I love swatching in the round - it's such a dog's breakfast on the reverse.
(The yarn is Hasmi's Rocky Mountain Dyeworks , by the way. Scrumptious. More on this project later.)
.
What else can I say about this photo? Love, loving, loved.
(Butterfly gardens, Victoria.)
.
I don't quite know why this one appeals to me so much - the flamingoes, the mist, the reflections, the absurd shade of pink...

(Also at the butterfly gardens.)
.
Eleni just woke up, so I'd best be off. I'm taking it very easy today; mastitis struck yesterday, and while I'm improved, I wouldn't say that I'm better. Judicious application of Thai take out & baby snuggles & an avoidance of all household tasks seem to be helping.

No comments: