Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And now for something completely different.

You know, everybody feels down sometimes. And depending on what life hands us, the downs can really seem to outnumber the ups. Wouldn't it be nice to know that there's something in the world that can cheer you up? Something that's not a drug, that doesn't need to be prescribed? Something organic?
.
Well, I found that something, several years ago. It was an accidental discovery. But it has brought me cheer on some very dark days (figurative & literal). And now, I'd like to share it with you.
May I present...
.
The Viennese Vegetable Orchestra!
.
.
Really. It's an orchestra in Vienna who make all of their musical instruments out of vegetables. After they play a performance, they make a nice soup for the audience.
.
Really! See?
.
Ladies & gentlemen: The gurkophon. And zellerbongos.
.
Now, I know this seems crazy. And it is. But I defy you to listen to a piece of their music & not have a wave of sheer, untrammelled glee wash over you...
.
Here's where you can hear some audio samples. I think my personal favorite is the Radetzky March from their first album. The second album is more experimental & sort of techno... with limited technology :)
Enjoy! And remember, it's ok to play with your food if you eat it afterwards.

No comments: