Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dear S_____,

Hi! I hope you are having lots of fun in Turkey with your dad. The emails sound like you are; congrats on not mowing down anything alive in your attempts to find your hotel.
.
I have to get something off my chest. You can never, ever leave the country again and at the same time leave me the recipe for your "Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies".* You see, I miss you, & so last night, I made a double batch. I must say, I knew how long this would take. I made approximately 6 mazillion (or at least 9 dozen) cookies last night.
.
The problem is that I'm eating them. Lots of them. Often. With joy. I shudder to admit to the people who read this blog & will scold me, but I've eaten a serious quantity of them. But they're so good! And they've got more oatmeal than flour! And I used whole wheat spelt flour! And dark chocolate! Which makes them practically health food! And coconut, which has to be good for something too!**
.
Except that even allowing for all of those "good" things, I still shouldn't eat more than a dozen in any 24-hour period, and well, I'm jonesing. If you were in phone reach, I could at least call you, & think of some way to rationalize increasing my cookie ration, or get you to talk me down.
.
But you're not. So at home I sit, with my weak will & at least 7 dozen cookies left (I sent a dozen to the man's office). I miss you. Come back soon. If you're in time, there may be cookies left...
.
Love,
K.
.
*Really, you being out of the country has nothing to do with this. It's more um, well, okay. It's me. It's all me. And now, with the cookies, there's a lot MORE me.
.
**I'm not even going to talk about the cookie dough that I ate. Gleefully.

No comments: