Thursday, March 22, 2007

Regulation Time: 2 Days...

Yes indeed, that's a sports reference. Overtime starts on Sunday.
.
I'm well, the man is well, the kid is bigger & stronger every day, just mulling when to make the grand entrance, I suspect. I keep mentioning that there's lots of room out here in the world for all the kicking & arm waving, but so far, still reviewing options.
.
Speaking of options, there's all the endless things I can do with my days! So far, I've done quite a bit of sewing, a little baking (you all remember the cookies), a little cooking, cleaning, of course, and a little knitting.
.
What did I knit? Well, I made these little mitties so the baby won't be scratching the baby's face with the baby's wee sharp fingernails. (I'm not feeling clever enough to refer to the baby in alternating pronoun genders today, thus, as you may have noticed: third person! The bayyyyyy-bee!)
I find them quite hilarious. Of course, I'm a little more into tattoo culture than some of you: other "knuckle tatt" options included: "ROCK" & "ROLL", "KNIT" & "PURL", "LEFT" & "LEFT". The last one is especially funny if you've ever tried to paddle a canoe or drive through a strange city with me. ("I mean the other left! Crap!")
.
What have I sewn? I can't remember. Lots of stuff, all baby oriented. Today's completed project is essentially a big hairnet for the playpen to keep the cats & bugs out. I had something more high-tech & engineered in mind, more tent-fly-like, with zippers & other moving parts, but as I was preparing to commit to that course, it occured to me: a big hair net will be just as effective & much easier & quicker to sew. Thus, hairnet.
.
You'll just have to imagine it; I'm using my little (free) (crap) camera, instead of the man's good Canon, as the Canon is getting a little dodgy with the opening & closing of the lens cover. Still takes brilliant pics, but after how many years & vacations, the camera is clearly feeling that it needs some servicing. Reasonable enough; we promise to take it in. After the baby shows up. Until then, we're not using the Canon, & well, I can't hold still in a bright enough light to take a decent playpen hairnet photo with the L.F.C.C.
.
(And just to keep the Canon from getting too high & mightly, we've borrowed the man's coworker's super-ultra-mega-snazzy-camera, in case the Canon craps out. Of course, I'm terrified of the S.U.M.S.C., so that's why I put batteries into my L.F.C.C. )
.
AND I'm going to put film into the real camera - how's that for kickin' it old school?
.
And I'm going to go & eat something. Too bad I can never think of clever closing segues; you'll just have to suffer! Oh wait - a clever clsoing segue that involves suffering! Hah! And also starts with "and"! I can hear english major's brains exploding! Wheee!
.
And here's a third person play-by-play: Kourtney (baby included) will be going upstairs, to peruse the fridge, & then Kourtney (baby included) will be eating either leftover lasagna, soup, a fruit/yogurt smoothie, or something else! And the crowd goes wild!

No comments: