Thursday, March 15, 2007

Things That Have Impressed or Entertained Me, Lately

This is, of course, not an exhaustive list. And has no cohesive narrative.
.
First: The pinking wheel for my rotary cutter. As God is my witness, I'll never use pinking shears again!* Really. This gratified & amused me.
*delivered with Scarlett O'Hara accent.
.
Next: The mortgage burning party! It was awesome fun, well attended, & we only had a lot of leftover food, not a ton. (Excluding the liquids - we don't need to buy hard liquor, mix, or beer for quite some time. Where are all of our hard drinking friends??? Right... Saskatchewan...)
.
This is the mortgage, burning. (The mortgage had been tucked into the dessicated arms of our Xmas tree. Hence the inferno effect. Let this be a cautionary tale - check your real Xmas tree's water at least TWICE A DAY when it's inside!!!)
.
And here is Pat & I, laughing in relief that the tree did not light the house on fire. Because that would not have been funny. Ironic, yes, but not funny at all.
.
As well. This is me, in a sundress that my mom made in '76 or '77, to wear over either my younger brother or I. Of course, if it was '76, for myself, then she wore it over both of us. At any rate, it was plumb GORGEOUS on Sunday, so I sat on the deck in the sun for quite some little time.
.
Eh, what's that? You can't see my belly very well in that photo? Hard to tell if the kid has dropped? Well. Here you go then, this is from yesterday:
.
And no, it's not a plastic belly - the gleam is because of all the various body butters that I carefully smoosh onto my belly two to three times a day.
See? No stretch marks.
.
Now, I'm going to go & do some filing, which while not exactly enthralling, does keep me sort of entertained. It's better than daytime tv, & it makes the man happy.

No comments: