Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oh yeah, baby, it's all about the action.

Hott oven action, to be precise. It's the annual Get Fat weekend, wherein Sar & I bake our arses off. I don't know why, but the Fat Weekend makes me want to use spam email descriptions... h0tt 0ven acti0n... d1rty spatulas l00k1ng for 1c1ng... r0ll y0ur d0ugh thinNER...
.
Or to Martha-isms... It's a good thing, a very good thing.
.
Day One: A slow start, although Am was up at 7:30... Sar made a triple batch of gingerbread dough last night, & I rolled & baked 2/3rds of it this morning. Sar, Kathy & their baking supplies & Kitchen-Aid rolled in around noon or so. I made spinach artichoke dip, which I was disappointed in, Sar made gingersnap dough, which is still chilling, I made cheesy crunchies, Sar made chocolate chip cookies & a shortbread thing, I made mushroom caps (also disappointing), Sar made a tasty chorizo sausage sauce for supper, and we all made a mess while we decorated cookies & tried to build gingerbread houses. The "we" included a houseful of fun guests. The cookies are splendid, & it will be criminal to eat them & destroy such lovely little creations. They ranged from the motivational to the comical to the artistic. (Scatalogical will likely be visited tomorrow when Brian & Adam lay hands on the icing tubes.) The gingerbread houses weren't a raving success due to icing issues, but I persevered, and created a tableau I've named "Post Apocalyptic Vignette". The houses will improve because we're planning to try the royal icing. We watched Hot Fuzz after supper, & it was awesome. Yarrp.
.
Not the most productive day ever, but Sarah & I both agreed that it was very fun & relaxing. Stay tuned for day two, featuring a lot more cookies, some phyllo mini-quiches, icing, & fun!!
.
(On Monday or Tuesday, I'll post complete fat weekend images.)
.
I'm beat like egg whites, & off for an early bed. It'll be a batter day tomorrow! (Yolk, yolk, yolk.) (You know I'm tired when I indulge my taste for awful puns.)

No comments: