Friday, February 06, 2009

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!

So, dude, I'm totally stoked. We're going to Maui, we've got a flight, a place to stay, baby stuff rented for the girl, and we found a vehicle to rent.
.
It's true that all the cars on Maui were rented. I got a lead from a guy working at one of the agencies; he took pity on me.
.
I called "Surf Truck Rentals", and yes, they have a vehicle we can have.
.
It's a pick-up truck, and Am's car seat has to sit on the passenger side. The man (mine, not the Surf Truck fellow) was explaining this all to me, and I don't think he got it when I exclaimed "I'm riding bitch!" and then started giggling. It's like a flash-back to my high school years, sort of... the truck part, anyways. The car-seat, the toddler, the Hawaii, the awesome husband, all new.
.
Actually for it to be an accurate rep of my high school years, there'd have to be at least 6 people in the cab, along with beer, parkas, & maybe a back pack of homework. No cel phones, no seatbelts, no groping, dammit!
.
Anyways. I'm imagining this...

Although I know we're getting a F150. Still. I'm totally planning on parking the girl & the man, to do a little island cruising by myself... Of course, I'm probably going to be headed to the 1 of 2 yarns stores on the island, which maybe blows the stereotypical Maui cruising fantasy a bit, but let's face it. Neither I, nor my idle fancies, are stereotypical, & it's not shocking that yarn is involved either.... and it's probably safer to drive with a couple skeins of yarn under my belt than some of the other options!

No comments: