Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oh, What A Day!

We went to Disneyland today. Am has no real idea who the majority of the characters are, but she was still stoked to see a giant mouse (Minnie), a giant dog (Pluto), and she insisted that she needed to hug the giant chipmunk (Dale).
.
I know that you're supposed to pronounce words properly to your children when they mangle them, so that they learn the correct thing, but I think I might apply for a waiver in this case. "Dizzyland" is entirely too perfect a name for that place - especially after the Flying Dumbo, King Arthur's Carousel, and the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups...
.
We also went on a submarine voyage ("Nem-O!"), met Tinkerbell & friends (Am liked the giant flowers better than the fairies), went on "Pooh's Big Adventure" (man, that was a trip - for reals), and invested in a Winnie ther Pooh. Not the giant one that she first went for - it was the same height as her & $100. We would've needed to buy a new suitcase, just to stuff him into. A nice, snuggleable sized Pooh.
.
I'm sure I'm forgetting lots about the day - but it was very much fun for all of us. At least, I know I enjoyed it; and I think the man did too. I can vouch for Am - she just talked herself to sleep, ensconced in the roll-away cot, snuggled in with puppy & bear, the favorites; and Winnie ther Pooh, Eeyore (Don QuiDonkey redux), and Minnie Mouse, the upstarts. Topic of conversation? "Teacups."
.
.
.
(Her dad got her Winnie. I got her Eeyore the second day we were here; she was being so good. And the "donkey" is what she picked out of the lineups at the store! Minnie was a gift from some friends.)

No comments: