Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Sticky Note Wednesday

Dear Toes -
There! Aren't you lovely, all polished up & shiny. The pedicure was an excellent investment, especially as it's not terribly comfortable for me to spend a whole pile of time craned over my feet. Also, the salon is like three doors down from one of my fave LYS; and it was on sale, so it only cost me $30! Huzzah! I expect that we shall go every three or four weeks for a pedi; it just felt so damn nice.
.
LYS - I'm so glad you're there. I love your yarn, and I admired the little boy who today climbed into the box full of new yarn. I would've done the same, if presented with a box of yarn to a similar scale to myself, although I'd probably take it all out of the plastic baggies first.
.
A____ - Happy birthday! You're a symmetrical birthday just like my girl, so I should remember for next year (although the pregnant brain is a little mushy, so I'll likely put it in my calendar too.
.
S_____ - Dude, sorry I didn't sent the Kureyon pics; my phone suddenly decided that it was dying! Beep! DYING! BEEP! and it refused to take any more photos. I did end up getting the green/brown alpaca blend, and I'm going to swift it for the trip.
.
Dear Anaheim - We're coming to get you, and your cartoon mouse too!
.
Dear Boobies:
I know you might prefer to be called something else. Breasts, norks, bosoms, sweater cows; whatever. Boobies is what Am calls them, so that's what we'll go with. With nursing on the horizon, you know the attention & conversation is going to increase. I guess it makes sense that you are increasing as well, but mother of pearl, I hate bra shopping. I measured myself last night in an attempt to try & figure out sizing. After a dozen bras today that were all FAILS, I got the nice lady at the Bay to measure me. Turns out, I'm in a 38B/C.... which is a dramatic change from my typical 32C/34B. Not just in size; we're talking about resetting our abilities to evaluate "what is a comfortable bra?". Turns out - NOTHING IN A BOX IS GOOD. Okay.... NOTHING WITH UNDERWIRES ARE GOOD. All right.... NOTHING WITH LACE IS OKAY EITHER*. Hmph. So what's left? One bra, after about 37** attempts. It was more that I feel is reasonable, but it was on sale a little bit. It's also chocolate brown, and has no wires, & it lined with this awesome comfort-smoosh fabric. I hope you're happy with it; if a couple weeks go by & we're all content, I might go & get a nude or white version too.
.
Am - you are hilarious. I really mean that. I can't wait to take you to Disneyland. (In small, measured, doses.)
.
To-Do Before Disney List:
1) Ha! HAH! I finished the second new purple (really, the third extant purple bonnet), and blocked my favorite, & now you are ready to face the world! Hah!
2) Like I have anything left to do at the office tomorrow. I can totally go to the bank & the drugstore to do (respectively) my banking & get some skin care stuff.
3) I already went & got diapers & snacks & new books for Am & I. That's something I don't have to do anymore either! (Bonus points: my books are from the used book store, so bonus value points. Am's travel books are all stickers & colors, and so are purchased new.)
3) I'm really not scared. The laundry is just finishing as I type. Also, I found a couple new "big belly" shirts on end of season sale - huzzah! 30% of off already marked down makes the fact that these will be worn for another two months max palatable***.
4) Except I'm a little nervous around the edges... my brain is a leetle mooshy, and I'm not even sure what I could possibly forget, except that I bet I will.
5) Please be kind.
.
Garden Carrots - I love you, and I'm expressing that love by eating you.
.
Baby - please love the carrots too & don't give me heartburn. Looking forward to our dance party.
.
Laundry - AH'M COMING TO GIT YOU!.
.
.
.
*This might be my sensitive pregnant skin.
**Maybe I exaggerate. 12 + 9 + 8 + 6 + 4 is, um, how many I tried on. You add it up. Yes, I remember that; I had to report the count to get a dressing room. At least it wasn't a "only take in 6 at a time" thing. I hates that.
***That, and the fact that a large portion of my shirts are not big enough for my belly, and that these "big-belly" shirts will likely be so stained on the curve of my belly that isn't in my line of sight that I will gladly consign them to a fire.

No comments: