Monday, September 14, 2009

Well, If You Gotta

I suppose one of the nicer things to do the day after finishing work up is going to California for a break. I mean, the man is just busy enough with his conference stuff that I'm more or less solo parenting, yet has odd parcels of free time during the day, so I can't plan entire days around what I want to do with Am, so that's a little odd.
.
But the fact that our room opens out onto the pool lanai & it's Orange County make up for the oddness. That, and room service. The next time he's away on business & I'm solo parenting, I think it would be great if I could call someone & get them to bring another pillow, a grilled cheese sandwich, & a fresh fruit tray. Actually, that would be nice to have all the time. (Also, I love that we leave the room & when we get back, the room is magically all clean. I mean, I make the beds, I tidy up the hotel room; but the freshly folded towels & hospital corners that I've never had to touch are just great.)
.
Speaking of great, I have some amazing photos. But they're all in my camera, & my computer, & this is the man's computer. The internet service is a little weird here, so to keep things easier, I'm just using his laptop. So for now, imagine us doing all those cool South California things. Beaches, pools, palm trees. Although we actually haven't done what everyone else seems to be doing - which is take our child to Disneyland, and go shopping at massive American outlet stores. Disneyland is tomorrow, and the shopping, well. I can't even buy shoes right now that will fit, so my shopping mojo is a little off. (I did see a Sephora, and I was very excited by that. Yes, I probably won't be super into makeup & skincare for a little while post-baby - but I will still have skin!)
.
And I've made it very clear to the man that there are a couple places that it is Very Important we stop at. I'd've gone already, but as I mentioned, he (and his boss) have got this weird schedule, so I haven't been able to dart off to the yarn stores with Am in tow. In some ways, it's better of the man is around to keep Am entertained while I get to yarn dive, undistracted...
.
In some ways (like for my budget), it's much, much worse.
.
At any rate, it is late, I are tired, and while the morning does come a little later here (all the excitement! and swimming! and playing! and the blackout curtains!), it still arrives.

No comments: