Friday, September 04, 2009

Sricky, Sticky Notes

(They'd have to be sticky, to stay stuck on the inside of my head. My brain has been worn to a nubbin by a huge, rush, last minute, exhausting yet inane work project.)
.
Dear me: Remember, they're paying you by the hour; so it's fine that this is what they need you to do. Think happy thoughts, baby thoughts, wooly thoughts. You'll be done with this soon enough! (And for pity's sake, woman, get up and go for a ten minute walk every hour. You know you'll regret it if you don't.)
.
Dear ____ at the the office:
You are such a nice man. You always genuinely say that I'm tiny! and look great! I know part of it is because your wife had twins not too long ago, so really, I am tiny, but still. It makes me feel nice.
.
Dear ____, ____'s neighbour:
Brilliant! After four children, you know that the only thing a pregnant woman wants to hear from a non-intimate is a very genuine "You look amazing!"
.
Dear _____, _____, & ______:
I know I'm huge. You try stuffing a bubble a little bit bigger than a soccer ball in YOUR gut & see how you look. Suck it.
.
_____ & also ______:
I know! I'm so in love with my boobs. I think they're even better this time than with Am's pregnancy. Sadly, I suspect their days of being so brilliantly displayed are almost done - I think I've officially grown out of my tiger-print push-up bra.
.
Dear TangledArts:
I love my socks! I am so pleased with them, I've been twiddling my toes (more or less, as much as one can), and I lurve them, both pairs.
.
Intarweb - I don't know if I want to tell you about the Best Deal Ever, just because it was Such An Amazing Deal! Maybe I will, only if you promise to be super jealous. Another day, with pics, I promise.
.
Weather, thanks for cooling off for the night. I am enjoying it immensely.
.
Am, you are such a funny girl. I'm very pleased that your manners are so good, although as a note, when I say "That's great that you're so polite; thank you, honey", I'm talking to you; I'm not suggesting that you repeat "Thank you honey". Although it was awesome the other day when you embarrassed the young guy at the health food store. (I don't think he'd ever had a toddler call him honey before!)
.
Universe, can you send me a sign as to which sweater I should start? Wicked, in the third (or is it fourth) attempt with Taiyo? Something in that purple that I dyed, maybe Elsewhere, maybe Febraury Lady Sweater? Something in that delicious wool/cotton blend I just saw? The FLS in Tosh worsted? (PS: If you send a sign for the Tosh, maybe have it have cash as an accessory. The tosh is worth every cent, but I have looooong arms & need a lot of yarn to cover them!) That cowichan-ish sweater of Jared Flood's new collection? Or is this indecision a sign that I should knit something else, something smaller?
.
Baby, you are sweet. I like how you dance around in the mornings. I even stay in bed longer, snoozing my alarm, to give you more time to stretch. I'm getting so excited to meet you.
.
World, I know I'm running late. I don't care; I was hanging out with the baby.

No comments: