Monday, June 14, 2010

And She Doesn't Even Watch Vampire Movies

Amoryn bit me today. She'd been crying, because she bomped her nose, and I was taking her upstairs. She was calming down, and snuggled into the crook of my neck, and she bit me. Hard. And wouldn't stop, even after I yelled "Ow! Stop biting!". And of course, we were on the stairs, so I couldn't even try to put her down. Also, she was attached to my neck.
.
My reptile brain took right over, and I bit her back. Which upset her, of course. I've never really gone in for matching mother-daughter clothes, but I guess coordinating bite marks are okay? Or not. It was a visceral reaction - one that I didn't think about at all.
.
I feel a little like a terrible parent. I was talking about it with S____, and she said "Of course you bit her. What else are you going to do?"
.
Blog about it, of course. And try to avoid both of our brains shorting out, because honestly, I cannot think of what else to say about it. Other than OW! - she even drew a little blood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.