Friday, June 25, 2010

Wherein I Go To Bed Instead Of Banging My Head On Something

The girls went to sleep at basically the same time tonite, and have been sleeping happily. I decided to sit down & get the Lilacken shawl's yardage figured out.
.
Actually, I'm trying to calculate the exact cumulative stitch count.
.
Lilacken, you say? What's that?
.
It's beautiful. It's related to my Mistaken shawl - maybe her smaller, more graceful, more flexible little sister. You may have seen it last week at Make 1; Kristine from Curious Creek had one test knit in her new colorway.

(Lilacken in Enchanted Isle.)
.
The final calcs are making me crazy. I think I know I know how to do them. But I only seem to get a chance to work on them at the end of the day... and that's when my math-fu skills are suckin'.
.
I have faith that I can do it; my official plan is to rethink my current approach. Maybe I'm making a mistake in step 1, and I'm all hung up on the results from step 32. Maybe I need to do this when I'm fresh.
.

Maybe I need to make this my profile photo for everything. For some irrational reason, I love this photo of myself. It makes me laugh.
.
I'm hoping that any dreams featuring this shawl tonite are all about answers, not being trapped by an ever-increasing ruffle that cackles & refuses to admit how many stitches it is, while I try to crochet a ladder out of an ever decreasing ball of yarn to escape.
.
Serious nightmare, man. Crochet. (I hope that you all - or somebody - or anybody - appreciates that I'm trying my very best to ensure correct yardage requirements for Lilacken. I could just throw a number on it, and shrug.)
.
(PS: Links to yarn, patterns, details, etc to follow in the formal release post. This is about angst, not knitting.)

No comments: