Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sitting On The Couch In The Sun

Not much else I really want to say right now - thank heavens for sunshine.
.
Am is napping. The baby's room is waiting (for about another month, please, baby). The man is at a financial seminar. Lucky guy! Hahhh.
.
The laundry could be folder. The dishwasher could be emptied.
.
I could knit on... Am's sweater, the baby's 'socks', Shawl than Incessant Garter Stitch, C____'s starter hat, those darn Noro socks, or something completely new. Or something that's been in the Bad Knitting Box for long enough that it's like it's new.*
.
I could keep spinning the yarn for Am's winter toque - it is possibly the most garish & ugly roving I've ever seen. The sample I spun & navajo plied resulted in a surprising charming yarn, though. I'd post pics, but I are lazy.
.
I could sew; there's some yardage for receiving blankies. I have lots, it's true; but it seemed proper that there be a couple new ones for the new one.
.
I could even have a nap.
.
Instead, I'm just sitting in the sun, mentally flat-lining. I'm well content with that.
.
.
.
*Yes, I'm a chronic multi-project person. I read more than one book at a time, too. One of my coworkers from years ago asserted that multi-project inclinations are a sign of a creative brain. I found this a more flattering concept than "Mentally, I'm a water-bug", so I just work with it & accept that that's how my muse seems to move me.

No comments: