Friday, October 30, 2009

This Post Brought To You By The Letter Sugar

Yup. I've come to a decision, after some thought & rationalization.
.
It's time to hit the Halloween candy.
.
In other news, I finished up the socks/mumble mitts that were meant to be part of El's coming home outfit. (I'm still giving myself points because I got them done before her due date.) You may not get any H'ween candy, but feast your eyes upon these delectable little drumsticks!
(Hat & mumblesocks in Koigu KPPPM, one hank of, erm, colorway, erm, I'll have to check my notes... I aim to write up a pattern at some point.)
.
(Part of my candy rationalization is that E is so incredibly sweet, I might just take a little nibble... or maybe a little chomp... so it's better that I go for the gummy candy. I'm being a good parent!)
.
.
This is E's "Ooooooooh..." face. Her eyes are still newborn blue; and I love it when she raises what will eventually be eyebrows.
.
Still not enough sweet for you? This morning, Am wanted to hold El, so we set up on the couch. (I'm in charge of head & neck support for El.) Am took El's little arm, and started gently waving it, saying "Hi Amrin*! Hi Amrin! Hi Amrin!". I love that Am is welcoming El, & wants El to welcome her right back. My girls are so sweet.
.
All right, off to the candy stash. Sweeeeeeeeeet...
.
.
*This is how Am pronounces her name these days. It used to be "Amin", with different stresses than "Idi Amin".

No comments: