Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sometimes All It Takse Is A Sense of Scale

Things are wonderful, here. I mean, snow, blah, blah, traffic, blah, blah, Am cutting teeth, SCREAM, NO, SCREAM, car's alternator shot, $480, wince, wince... But the baby's baking along nicely, the girl & I made her dad's birthday cake AND iced it, I got some fun knitting done, the man & I had a fantastic steak dinner date, and all things considered, things are great.
.
I took the weekend off from the Intarweb, and enjoyed friends who were here, a brief road trip to see family in Lethbridge (and crash a Thanksgiving supper), and another Turkey dinner here, with more friends. It was grand.
.
Yesterday, I finished getting the baby's room set to rights. Folding all those wee clothes made part of my brain melt - and the part that was left completely dissolved with the news that T__ & J____ had their baby. Welcome to the world, C_____! I can't wait to meet you. (The pics of the happy family on facebook dissolved me into near-tears. I probably would've fallen totally into soddenness, but was interrupted by the man calling me to call the shop to ask about antifreeze.)
.
Today, it was snowy, but not cold, so I decided that Am & I should walk to daycare. I was beginning to regret this decision by the time that I had her stuffed into everything, but we persevered. At one point, I was carrying the back-up umbrella stroller, and breaking trail, while Am tried to follow. Imagine an overview of a dollar symbol - the straight part is my path; the wandering line is Am's path. Sadly, there is no symbol equivalent for her trying to figure out a) where the curb is & b) trying to climb up it in snowpants & winter boots. It was awesome.
.
And the ice cream on top of the awesome was when we arrived at daycare - two grown women were trying to get seven toddlers into snow boots, ski pants, winter coats, hats, and mittens. (The other three weren't going out - no gear.) It was fantastic. I'd love to hear Ennio Morricone* score the music for that scene. I giggled all the way home.
.
.
.
*You know, the guy who did The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly? Among other wonderful things?

No comments: