Thursday, July 23, 2009

Huzzah! My back has improved MUCHLY, and I can walk now, & sit for a while too. Why my SI joint of the left (literally, where de hipbone connect to de backbone) chose to lock up, I'm still not quite sure. But the goal is to Not Have It Happen Again.
.
More goals: to get my girl from daycare, then go for a walk. I have a half row of carrots left to thin*, then we might help the man sort rocks, too; he's putting trees in the little strip between our house & the neighbours. And I've got one load of laundry left. I think I will reorder those so that Am doesn't see the carrot thinning - last year she caught us deadheading the marigolds, and no flower has since been safe. I feel kind of like baking*, but it's incredibly hot in the house, so I think I will try to quash that urge for at least a while.
.
(Bran muffins with Gran's assistance. Note the flour & bran highlights in Am's hair.)
.
And then there's packing; we're headed home for a week tomorrow. I don't really feel prepared, and I'm not sure why. I think this whole convalescent thing has kinked my mojo a little. I can't even brain being fogged in because of meds**; I guess I should get my list making on! What to pack, what to get done, what knitting to bring along...
(The first cherry stem hat. I can't seem to get decent photos of the darn things...)
.
Having said that, I'm going to get moving. Literally.
.
.
*To be precise, I feel like eating baking, and like letting Am help me bake. Messy, but so fun.
**No back pain meds for you, pregnant lady! No allergy meds either! Sit there & sneeze & suffer, woman!***
***Maybe a little melodramatic, bit certainly how I was feeling.

No comments: