Thursday, July 02, 2009

What A Great Day!

Seeing as it was a holiday today, we slept in, didn't brush our hair, & I let Am accessorize her outfit herself.
(Yes, those are socks stuffed into her sandals. It made her happy, and I told her dad that she gets that from HIM, not me. He got home just before naptime.)
.
The day carried on being a lot of fun with minimal screaming - partially because we didn't have anything to do (other than nap), or anyplace to go (other than the playground). Also, I had a nap. Now, I need to figure out how to respect Am's sense of self & desire to be independent with our need to get up, dressed, and fed in less than three hours.
.
We were busy today - even with the nap, and the morning being spent on getting up, watering the containers, & slide-time.
I have all sorts of pics for a longer post, but I'll save those for another day. I continue to adore my Turkish delight, the cherry stem hat is grudgingly coming along, and Am likes to sweep/baton twirl.
.
.
(And I finally got myself my boots that I've been coveting forever. I've been squirreling $ away for months, and when I finally got them, they were on sale! They've never been on sale, in the years that I've been visiting them. Thanks universe, for the high-five!)

No comments: