Monday, July 06, 2009

Shocking news!

Yes, the green cherry stem hat is only 9 rows away from being finished. Have I ever mentioned how much I love projects with minimal finishing?
.
Interestingly enough, it's flown right by. I think I've got the lace pattern memorized, and I've learned that it is far faster to count through a whole row to check, than to get to the end, say "Oh frak", then tink it back, or to frog a couple three rows.
.
I don't think I'd've had any major tinking sessions, but I was knitting on the phone, chatting with my brother. (I use the speaker function so I don't get neck cricks.)
.
I told him about my exciting weekend, with the ribbon & all.
.
He told me he got married on Friday.
.
Really. You're thinking "Oh?" So am I! I had no idea he was even dating anyone. Mom demanded to see the paperwork before she'd believe it. I botched a row or two, understandably enough. I'd mentally sort of slotted him into the 'confirmed bachelor' role.
.
They've been dating since March, and I guess A_____ said 'when it's right, you just know'. Here's wishing them luck!
.
And you know what this means, right? Wedding gift shopping at the Stampede... I'm thinking matching belt buckles, a sham-wow, a euro-mop, maybe a slap-chop or a veggie-matic, and some fudge, to keeo their strength up. Now, why can't you get a euro-mop spray-hose that juliennes fries...
.
.
.
PS: I think my Jenkins is small enough to class as one of the Delights - it's size falls into the range, but at 1.4 oz is on the heavy end of the spectrum. I'd like to try spinning on something less than an ounce to see how it feels; although I'm pretty committed to my love of the Turkish design. And does anyone have any bright ideas on how to spin in the car?
PPS: Spellcheck, "tink" is a word. It's a verb, for when you carefully un-knit a stitch. Or row.

No comments: