Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Wheeeeeeeee!

I just finished the second cherry stem hat. And I do mean finished - I bound in all the loose ends & everything. The man says it's very nice, and I didn't even have to nudge him, first.
.
And I lurve it. I think I like it better than the pink, not just because I got it finished without NEARLY as much shenanigans, but because it's a color that works better in my wardrobe, so I can admire it, an dimagine wearing it, instead of admiring it, and thinking "Maybe if I got a shirt that was....".
.
Although, on reflection, it's nice to admire this one and know that that's how it is supposed to look, and not wonder if I screwed something up, and it just looks like it was supposed to be that way. (Yes, it's a fine distinction, but for pattern writing, a very important one.)
.
I'll give you pics - soon - but for now, I am tired, the camera is still in the bag we took to Stampede*, I've taken all of my makeup off**, and so the combination of laziness, tiredness, and my basic "unfit for mass consumption" state mean that you'll have to wait. But I'm very pleased.
.
Nighty-nooties! Dream of successful knitting projects.
.
.
.
*Along with everything else, other than puppy & blankie.
**And my bra. The pants are next.

No comments: