Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What We Did (So Far) This Summer...

(Honestly, I'm just waiting for my biscuit overload at supper to digest so that I can have some cookies. And I'm too full to think, so here's a bunch of photos!)
.
Whitehorse, as I've mentioned, was awesome. This was Am's favorite part of the museum we went to - my personal fave was when I talked the man into putting on a buffalo hide jacket & a wolverine hat.

.

It was really beautiful.
.

(Am, pursuing a future as a spokesperson for milk &/or coffee shops.)
.
After Whitehorse (& that torturous flight), we stopped at home long enough for my chiro to get me snapped into shape - almost literally. Then we headed off to the lake (Saskatchewan)...
.

There was much playing with big cousin Z_____ (pronounced Nenna).
.

There was some jumping off the boat - although not by Am - and really, let's face it, her dad is the only one who can make a splash that big. And it wasn't really hot enough to go swimming too often.
.

Am & Nenna got to drive the boat - under Gran's close supervision, natch.

.

We popped over to Grampa D's, where we found the CLAW... (too bad I didn't get any video of the CLAW in action...)
.


We also headed out to fight through her admiring public to get some milk... okay, so most of the admiration was coming from her Gramma D & Grampa D too - but the shades are still pretty cool.
.

There were great sunsets.
.


And ice cream (Am's favorite part of the pralines & cream cone - the ice cream. My favorite part - picking the pralines off of her butt later.)
.


Swinging...
.

Climbing...
.
Double checking the spelling of zebu during a rousing game of bananagrams...
.
My cousin's wedding in Moose Jaw was lovely.
.
So was the water fountain.
.
And really, all of Crescent Park & Moose Jaw.
.
Am was stage dancing at the wedding dance. I think we're in trouble. (There were other little girls on the stage - which was more of a pedestal - but still.)
.
We met new family - I particularly admire how my bro, his wife, & his daughter, are all such a lovely color group. I accused him of planning it - and he laughed. Which means might or might not mean he did in fact plot it...
.
There was lots of driving - occasionally poking toes out the window.
.
And some of the scenery...
.
There's more, of course, but I think a) that's enough photos for now, b) it's cookie time & c) I've got to get the girl into a tub, after her bedtime snack!

No comments: