Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wow, I'm The Most Disgusting One In The House!*

It's true, I'm awfully gross. I was struck by galloping crud yesterday afternoon - I went from "Is something bugging my allergies?" to "We hab to go home dow because I'b used up my second package ob kleenex and my nose id going to fall obb ob my face now" in about four hours.
.
This morning, the man woke up early. I'd been up all night, and I groggily rolled over and asked for two favors.
.
"Please bring de full box ob kleenex from de odder bathroom and take de baby monitor because I need more sleep."
.
He agreed, and started talking to me, and I'm still not sure if I just thought it, or actually said "I am out ob kleenex, and ib you don't bring me a new box soon, I am going to blow by dose on de sheets. Needer ob us want dat." At any rate, he brought me the box, & then I went back to sleep for a couple more hours. I'd just staggered out of bed, and hadn't yet begun (let alone completed) my morning toilette. He popped in to drop off the monitor - he was off to yoga. Am had started singing, but was still happy as only a fair-sized clam in a double bed who has her puppy, bear, sheep, donkey, giant fish, hairbrush, and three books can be. I give him super ultra bonus points for not recoiling visibly OR running away - I was some awful. I recoiled when I weaved my way back to the bathroom. I think I may have reached a new nadir of personal attractiveness.
.
I tell you what, I felt so crappy that knitting took too much energy & focus. I'm feeling better now, & capable of peeling & eating a peach, knitting, & a quick blog. I'm still not well, no, and my kleenex box body count is still mounting - but my sinuses seem to have levelled out. And I'm not actively fantasizing about NyQuil cocktails, with a twist of Advil.
.
I'm going to go have a snack now, & then collapse into unconsciousness. (Snack will be peaches. Unconsciousness will be drug-free.)
.
.
*And if you live with a toddler, you know that that's really saying something.

No comments: