Monday, May 03, 2010

Does This Strike You As Funny?

The man got a couple things from the electronic store yesterday, and he left one set of instructions on the couch (obviously never referred to or read).
.
As a compulsive reader, I started skimming it on my way to the recycle bin.
.
Then I stopped, absolutely taken with the first part of the instructions. I think you'll see what I mean...
.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
.
1. Read this instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
.
After that, it gets a little more practical, and is about don't bathe with/shave with/use to prepare food/ use in automobiles/etc. I am fond of the very formal English that's in some instruction manuals, but I feel exceptionally warm towards whoever wrote these instructions.
.
I bet they have toddlers. I mean, obviously, the people who really need this level of instruction aren't going to read the manual. But the author is trying so hard!

No comments: