Monday, May 24, 2010

It Was The Best Of Times, ...

(This is really much funnier if you imagine that Eleni is narrating in Alfred Hitchcock's voice.)
.
Good evening. We are about to present a tale... a tale told by a lake.
.
Not a sunny and pleasant tale, oh no.
It's a tale with silliness, with bunny ears...
.
With uncles who teach nieces to walk on the ceiling and fly...
.
It is... A Tale Of Two Puddles.
.
Okay, now you can turn the Alfred Hitchcock voice off - if you want, maybe you'd like to leave it on. Whatever. I'm not here to judge.
.
The weekend was very much fun, although it was truly craptacular weather. We saw Gramma & Grampa's new house in M___ C_____, which is very orange on the outside; we went to L__ P____, and helped to get the docks in for the summer, and stared out the window a lot. Amoryn also made her uncle's day, and finally willingly gave him a hug. "My first hug! It only took three years!" Cousin Z____ was the coolest thing ever, and Eleni was her charming and snuggly self.
.
And! I have cautiously reintroduced very limited amounts of dairy to my diet - I had my first piece of cheese in over six months, AND! I had a mocha! My very own princess coffee!
.
It was heaven.
.
As is this knitting project - it's SweetGeorgia's CashSilk Lace, and it is so very, very nice to knit with. I think that the only reason I'm not begrudging the approaching cast-off is that it'll be nicer to rub my face lovingly against it when it doesn't have knitting needles in it.
.

.
Off to the tub! One of the nicest things about a cold, rainy weekend at the lake is the return to my luxurious tub, and the prospect of sleeping in our regular beds.

No comments: