Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mmm, May, Sticky Notes

Dear Eleni -
I am so excited that you are more & more of a person every day. Your little face lights up, and you are so very charming. Except when you bite when you're nursing. That's not so great. But the fact that you can tolerate a little teeny bit of milk products go a long, long way to redeeming the bites. That, and your gumless goofy grin.
Love, Mom.
.
Dear Chocolate Bar That I Bought In Hawaii and Saved:
I'm so glad that I saved you, and I don't feel sheepish at all about the death threats I uttered to protect you.
Nummy.
.
Dear Door-To-Door Saleschick Who Was Watching The Same Movie:
Actually, I mis-spoke. The first time I watched "He's Not Really That Into You", it was with no sound, on a flight, and I didn't get that Scarlett Johansen's character KNEW the guy was married. Just to clarify. Does change the effect a bit.
.
Dear Person I Met Today Who Reminds Me Of L_____:
I can't decide if I like you, or, like L_____, you are likable in small portions and toxic in larger quantities. Thanks to L_____, I have learned that it's easier to err on the side of caution. I'll be giving you a wide berth should we cross paths again.
.
Dear Everyone -
I think if this picture doesn't make you feel happy, you must be a little dead inside.
Or possibly a non-knitting wool-phobe who also hates tulips and is color blind.
.
Dear Weather - Thanks for the sunny break today. I needed that after the frozen weekend of rain & gloom.
.
Dear Butterflies:
Hope I didn't interupt your moment. I was just taking photos of the tulips.
Next time I'll bring my Ipod, set to "boom-chicka-wa-wa" music.
.
Dear Amoryn-
I am very proud of you. You are bright, and funny, and you try really hard & do very well folding things & helping get supper ready. I'm so excited that you're a big girl who gets to wear underwear, but I will always try to make time to hold you & let you be "Baby Amoryn" for a moment if you need it. You challenge me in many ways; I'm realizing that part of helping you grow into an excellent adult is teaching me to be a better person too. There are some growing pains, but I have faith that everyone will come out a winner in the end.
Love, Mom.
.
Dear Laundry-
Yes, I know that you're waiting in the basement. You can just lay there & wrinkle, thanks. I'm folding Am's clothes & El's diapers tonite & that's all you're getting out of me. I bought new knickers, I can let you linger for like, another week! Hahahahaha. Really.
.
Dear Everyone-
I think I might be ready for a spinning wheel, but I don't want to buy one & have an expensive tool that I don't use enough to justify. Anybody got a spare that they can lend me? PM me on Ravelry, if so. If you have a spinning wheel for loan, and you aren't on Rav, zounds! Go there! Join!
.
Dear Amoryn-
PS: Words can't express how very glad I am that you are now a nice cuddly kid to sleep with, not a kicking wildchild who likes to pull on eyelashes. It was wonderful snuggling with you this last weekend at the lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

talk to mom about a spinning wheel... i think she has 2 and doesn't spin much..

jess

Kourtney said...

Thanks Jess! I'll call her. Hope the teething is going well in your house.

K.